Thursday, 10 November 2011

Joy to the World

This card uses a stamp set from Creative expressions called Vintage Christmas. I just love the scene of this house. I have added slight colours of brown and to the image to stand it out from the background I have used promarkers for this. The background panels are made using my Cuttlebug and a snowflake embossing folder.
There is an embellishment of foliage at the side of the card which I have made using a Tim Holtz die which is great because you are able to arrange all the pieces into your own embellishment spray. There are also some silver flowers placed on the top of this spray. I have also added a large silver bow for extra dimension which has two silver bells attached to it.The saying is from a set of greetings from Flower Soft which have a very vintage feel to them.
To really stand out the image I have added some cosmic shimmer twinkles for the snow on the ground and on the rooftops.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:
Fab 'n' Funky challenge #98 - All White on the Night
I kove Promarkers challenge#91 - sketch
Craft Your passion challenges83 - Anything goes and brown
Crafty Creations challenge #142 - Brown/White/Silver
Little darlings challenge 11 - Silver Bells

Hope you like this card and thanks for visiting.

13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!! I love the image and the beautiful shimmery details! Thanks for joining us for the Crafty Creations challenge!!
    smiles,Deena

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful image and card, lovely!
    Anne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, very traditional looking and sparkly :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning, love the sparkel and the white on white is gorgeous
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous. Just gorgeous. Thanks for taking part at I ♥ Promarkers this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Otra preciosidad. El blanco muy fino.
    Saludos

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow i love this one catherine.the traditonal image and soft colours are stunning ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Catherine, this is absolutely beautiful!! Love the image and your layout.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow what a fantastic image and love the white and the sparkle :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! What a beautiful image and gorgeous card! :) Your colouring and image look fantastic!

    Thanks so much for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers this week,

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. So beautiful and sparkly.Love the soft colors.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion. Hope to see you again next week :D
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very pretty and soft. I love the image. Thanks for joining us at Fab 'n Funky. Good luck and we hope to see you again on Wednesday for a new challenge.

    Alexis

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful card.
    Thanks for joining us at Fab 'n' Funky, hope to see you again soon.
    Hugs Sharon x

    ReplyDelete