Thursday, 8 December 2011

Christmas Magic

This card uses one of the Flower Fairies stamps from Crafter's companion(Holly fairy).(I have had this set of stamps for a long time and never used them so this is it's first outing.) I have coloured the image using promarkers. I have also pierced around the edge of the image and on the corners fro some decorative detail.
The backing papers are from Dovecraft. I have used a Creative expressions stamp set(Ivy) and stamped some leaves and flowers. They have been embossed, coloured and then cut out for embellishments. I added some fabric trim down the side with little Holly leaves on. There are highlights of gold glitter on the wings and flowers.
Promarkers used:blush, dusky pink, satin, crimson, soft green, mint, and the blender pen.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:
The Secret Crafter Saturday challenge#163- photo inspiration
Fussy and Fancy challenge 51 - photo inspiration
Dutch Dare card challenge #142 - Winged Things
DYSU challenge #49- something old
Crafty Ribbons challenge 8- Traditional christmas colours
Penny's Paper Crafty challenge #68 - Merry Christmas

Hope you like this card and thanks for visiting.

11 comments:

  1. This is such a beautiful card. I love the Flower Fairy image and your paper piercing.
    Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the big bow with the mistletoe! Thanks for joining us at Penny’s Paper-Crafty Merry Christmas Challenge!

    Kathleen – Guest Designer
    Blog: Creo by Lady Katutz at http://creobyladykatutz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your take on our photo inspiratione!

    Thank you for sharing with us at Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge this week, a big hug! Franz.

    p.s.: i have some candy if you like!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card Catherine!! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Penny's. Good Luck and Have a very "Merry Christmas"!

    Courtney~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous take on the photo inspiration, thank you for joining us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great take on the photo inspiration. Thanks for joining us at SCSC
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous card catherine.love the image and your colours and design are stunning ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card i love the image and layout. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ribbons this time. luv gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello...lovely card, thanks for sharing your gorgeous creation with us at CRAFTY RIBBONS...good luck x carol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card you do share. Thank you for entering the challenge at DDCC this time.
    Dorte,x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a pretty and elegant card! I love your gorgeous bow and holly!
    Thank you for joining us at Fussy and Fancy for our photo inspiration challenge!
    Merry Christmas and Happy New year!
    Warm Hugs, Sheryl

    ReplyDelete