Tuesday, 20 December 2011

Happy New Year

This card uses a wooden stamp which I bought earlier in the year in a sale. I originally bought this stamp for some scrapbook pages I was going to make of my recent trip to London.
I came across this stamp again and thought it would also be a good theme for New Year cards with its wonderful collage image. And here is what I have come up with.
The stamp has been inked and heat embossed with some cosmic shimmer sparkle embossing powder.
the main backing sheet is from DCWV and the little piece is from Hot of the Press. I chose this paper because it is from a travel pad and has lots of different countries names written on it. I thought it represents everybody celebrating the same thing.
I have used a black rosette(made from a Tim Holtz die) and layered a sentiment on it from Little claires.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:
Winter wonderland challenge - Be different
Cupcake crafting challenge 173 - sketcharoony
Paper Sundaes challenge #100 - celebrate
CES challenges #66 - Party, Party, Party
Fussy and Fancy friday challenge 52 - Monochromatic and sparkle
Totally Papercrafts challenge 97 - Time to party
Sweet Stampin challenge - It;s all a sparkling and bling
The Secret Crafter Saturday challenge #165- New Year/Celebration

Thankyou for visiting and hope you like my card. I hope you all have some great celebrations over the festive period and I wish all of you a very Merry Christmas and all the best for the New Year.

12 comments:

  1. Oh wow what an out of this world creation I love the image and the design , layout and colour theme its just perfect for our challenge this week

    Thank You so much for taking part at Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge: 165 Happy New Year or Celebrations , I hope you join us again next week,

    Have a lovely day,
    Good luck with the challenge,
    Hugs Bridget :0) x.
    SCSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely creation thank you so much for sharing your lovely work with us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge
    Hugs and Merry Xmas
    Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, love the monochrome colour scheme :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning creation with a fab image and design, perfectly done using our theme of Monochrome and sparkle this fortnight! Thanks for joining us at Fussy and Fancy, good luck and Happy Christmas!
    Love Nicola xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. stunning card catherine.i love the image ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, love the monochromatic & the image is fab!

    Thank you for sharing with us at CES Challenge, good luck & Merry Christmas!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. How elegant. The monochrome looks fab. Thanks so much for playing at Cupcake this week. Have a lovely Christmas and Good Luck. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card love the black and white,thanks for joining us at Cupcake this week.
    Hugs Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card. Love this idea with monochromatic colours. Gorgeous.
    Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin` “Sparkle and Bling” Challenge and we hope to see you again soon.
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!
    Hugs
    Natali

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card Catherine, monochromatic is always so striking and you did a great job with it
    Thanks for playing along with Totally Papercrafts
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  11. A great card - thanks for joining us at CES! Sheena xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry to be so late popping by, it's a gorgeous card, I really love the image. Thanks so much for playing along with Sweet Stampin x

    ReplyDelete