Tuesday, 6 December 2011

Let it Snow

This card uses a Penny Black stamp (sweet snowman). I have used promarkers on this image to stand the snowman out a bit from all the whiteness. I used promarker(Cool grey 1+2) for the outline shadow of the snowman and then used promarker(pastel blue) for the shadow outlines of his scarf and hat and present. These are really good colours for adding some dimension to an image.  I have also added some cosmic shimmer twinkles to the ground for some glistening snow.
I have made all the background papers on this card. I have taken a piece of white card and randomly stamped  snowflakes with a clear ink pad and then heat embossed with Papermania(snowflake twinkle) embossing powder. I hope you can see abit of this on this photo. I also used my cuttlebug and embossed another piece with a snowflake embossing folder.
There are some flourishes ,snowflakes and corners die cut from spellbinders dies. The sentiment is from Little Claires.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:
I Love Promarkers challenge #94 - Snowmen and snowflakes
Sketchy colors challenge #96- sketch
Penny Black Saturday challenge 180 - Total White-Out
Craft Your Passion challenge 87-Anything goes and glitter
Cupcake Craft Challenge 171-D.I.Y (background papers)
Whoopsi daisy challenge - Snowflakes
The Pink Elephant challenge 128 - Snowflakes and sparkle
Totally Stampalicious challenge -snow

Thanks for visiting and hope you like the card.

16 comments:

  1. A beautiful card. Fab snowman and delish swirls and snowflakes.
    hugs
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice, I just love white cards, thanks for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, very clean and simple, great effort using just the one colour pallette - quite a daring move! Thanks for joining us at I Love ProMarkers
    Andy
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous Catherine - love your all white card and cute image. Thanks for joining in this week's I ♥ Promarkers & PBSC challenges
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  5. love that lil snowman so cute.A Gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow what an out of this world creation I love the image and the design , layout and colour theme its just perfect for our challenge this week,

    Thank you so much for joining us at Craft Your Passion this week, I hope you will come and join the fun next week,

    Have a lovely day,
    Hugs Bridget CYP GDT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how adorable. You've made that cute snowman look really cuddly with your fab colouring. Thanks for joining in with our DIY Challenge at Cupcake this week. Good Luck. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeous card catherine.i love the white on white and stuning image ;D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful card catherine...thanks for joining in the fun this week at Penny Black Saturday..hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely wintery card - & a great take on our challenge! Thanks for playing at Cupcake this week x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card, love the sweet PB snowman you've chosen.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a cute card and I love your DIY DP! Thanks for joining us at CCC.

    Liza x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wooow, this is gorgeous. I love, love, love all the white.
    Thank you for playing with our sketch this week, and lots of luck.
    Hugs, Marianne, Sketchy Colors:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card, Catherine! Such a cute snowman and all the white is so elegant! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake this week and good luck! Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty! Thanks for sharing with us at WHOOPSI DAISY ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Catherine, this is adorable! Great job with the snowflakes and sparkle! Thanks for joining us at The Pink Elephant!

    ReplyDelete