Thursday, 22 December 2011

House Mouse Thank You

This card came about after a bit of a tidy up session in my craft room. These little creatures popped up from under some cardstock and I couldn't resist using them. These little mice would brighten anybodys day and they are just so cute. They are from a set of decoupage sheets(Joanna Sheen) which I bought earlier in the year.It made a nice change from the christmas cards and the colours I have been using lately.
The backing papers are from Dovecraft. I have used Marrianne dies for the flourishes and the border strip, which i have threaded some ribbon through. Finally adding a bow and flower for embellishments.
The flowers were made using spellbinder dies with gems added in the middle of them.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:
Sweet Sketch Wednesday challenge 133 - sketch
The crafty pad challenge 152 - Anything but christmas
Creative Inspirations challenge 143 - Anything Goes
Charisma Cardz challenge #50 - Anything goes
My Mum's Craft shop challenge 37 - Anything goes
Crafty Creations challenge -A card or gift of gratitude or thanks(blog hop and challenge)

Thanks for visiting and wishing you all a very Merry Christmas and all the best for the new year.

This card made Top 3 at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

20 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, this is as cute as can be. I lvoe your take on the sketch and your colors and embellishments are perfect. Thanks for joining us and have a wonderful Christmas.
    Nancy SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow gorgeous card. Love all the fab detail and colors. Great take on the sketch. Wishing you a Merry Christmas. HUGS Arlana @SSW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Catherine,

    Lovely card and nice caracters. Congratulations and good luck !

    Merry Chrismas ! Joyeux Noël !

    Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week.

    Hugs from France.
    Catherine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that's a fab one!

    Happy Christmas!!
    Lori xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card and such a cute image. :)
    Thanks for sharing with us at The Crafty Pad Challenge this week. :)

    Debbie
    Merry Christmas xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning!

    Thank you very much for taking part in our Anything But Christmas challenge at The Crafty Pad.

    Merry Christmas!

    Maggie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. so gorgeous catherine.i really love the image and your colours are beautiful :D
    wishing you and yours a fantastic christmas :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful texture and dimension you've created with this design. It's gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at MMCS

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such an adorable card Catherine ! I love House Mouse ! I love mice and cats actually ! Well images of mice I should say ! lol ! Thank you so much for following my blog, I am following you too now ! Have a lovely and very sweet Christmas ! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Catherine, it was so kind of you to visit me after I stopped. Thanks also for your lovely comment. I will follow you, but Blogger is being silly today and won't let me! Pah!

    This is a lovely card. The border detail on the side is very pretty and perfect for the little meece!

    Have a wonderful Christmas. And remember, if you break a piece of choklit before you eat it, all the calories fall out!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow! Gorgeous card & beautiful detail. Thanks so much for joining us this week @ Sweet Sketch Wednesday & Merry Christmas :)

    Genevieve DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolute sweetness here!! So much wonderful details too! Love it! Thanks for joining us at SSW and Merry Christmas.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card and thanks for joining Us at CREATIVE INSPIRATIONS hope you had a wonder ful christmas and have a Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful color combo and the little mice are adorable! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my this is just adorable, thanks for playing along at Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete
  16. Catherine this is lovely! Those mice are so cute and I love how you flipped the sketch and those flowers and flourishes as part of the sketch. Great job! Thanks for playing along with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!
    Sharon, SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card hun! Thanks for playing at Charisma Cardz! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh wow Catherine this is such an adorable image. Love all the swirls and colour combo. Thanks for joining us at MMCS Challenge.
    Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. So adorable and such lovely colors! Thanks for playing with us at Crafty Creations challenges!
    smiles,Deena

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very nice card. Thanks for playing with us at MMCS challenge this week! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete